domenica 26 agosto 2018

GW Space Marine Primaris Intercessor of the Angels of Fire


I wanted to introduce my 4 years old son to the hobby and offered to paint up this Space Marine (or, as he calls it, Space Knight) for him. I showed him a large picture containing possibly 100+ Chapters and asked him which one he liked best.

After about 2 seconds, his answer was: "the red ones, 'cos they're faster". Yep, he liked the Rampagers, that is White Scars in red power armour. Then I asked him to look at others, because there were a lot of Chapters with red armour, too. The he saw them: "These, with the red armour and the FLAMES". They must be even faster than the others. Angels of Fire it is, then.


They are more or less the opposite of my home-made Chapter, the Kimeliarchs, who sport a dark brown/bone white pattern. I had an unexpected fun painting this. I mean, sometimes in all our realism and grimdarkness, us adults forget how to have real fun.


I layered the red with Khorne Blood and Evil Sunz Scarlet. The yellow pauldron is Averland Sunset with glazes of Vallejo GC Sun Yellow. The flames are glazes of Averland Sunset, Vallejo MC Clear Orange and GC Sun Yellow.


The Chapter Device is handpainted. I guess they don't make transfers for Angels of Fire. What do you think? Have you painted anything for the little ones?

2 commenti:

  1. Looks great!

    It won't be long before he can be painting himself ...

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thanks! TBH I'm still a bit careful when he gets too close to my paint pots ^_^ but soon enough, he'll be able to hold a brush correctly and do his own things.

      Elimina