lunedì 19 novembre 2018

GW Zombies (1999)

I've decided to take a very big step in my Warhammerer career, that is to jump from single miniatures to units, and that's because I want not only to use them in my WFRP games, but also try and play some WFB and Mordheim (Age of Sigmar not sure frankly).

I already painted some Goblins and it went good, so now I purchased a box of zombies.


They were an interesting set, quite iconic and recently replicated in the mobile game Mordheim, of which I'm a frequent player. They have a funny look at first, very unrealistic and disproportionate, but overall very Warhammer-y.

However, what I really liked about them is the degree of customization that is possible, something that convicned me to paint each of them separately. This took several months, but it was fun playing with poses and washes to represent blood, bruises and rot. The specimen above is particularly funny, as it's wielding another zombie's leg as a weapon.


With minimum effort, it was possible to add some extra detail like gowns for those zombies that looked more feminine.


This is probably one of my favourites, holding a severed limb in his mouth.


And this one is holding two severed heads, possibly elven.


For the skin, I painted all of them in Zandri Dust, and washed with a selection of colours: Seraphim Sepia for old, dried zombies; Athonian Camo for the younger, still rotting ones; and Reikland Fleshshade for the recently dead, still holding some blood under the skin. I also experimented with Drakenhof Nightshade for a drowned, bluish look. After the first wash I applied plenty of spots of Agrax Earthshade, Carroburg Crimson and Druchii Violet. It was very time consuming but it paid off in terms of dead look.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento