giovedì 22 novembre 2018

Change of Blog Name

Right... I must admit that "Of Tiny Men and Big People" was never a good name. A friend once told it could have been a blog about homosexual fetishes, were it not for the initial "Of". It was supposed to be clever, but it was in fact awful. As aware as I was of that, no other good name came up and I generally refused to call the page "Kuang Biye's Den" or something like that.

A lot of things have happened in the meantime - I moved to a new house - a top floor apartment full of light - I built a veranda on the roof and turned it into a space for playing wargames. Playing on the top of a building is nice, not only for the light, but also for the view and the relative quiet one can enjoy. One can imagine to be on top of a tower, a wizard's tower maybe. A tower could be a good name, but a tower of what? Around here, by day, there are only loud crows, but none of them actually nests here as far as I know. In Summer there there are plenty of lizards, but Tower of Lizards sounds like a ruin.

The illumination came to me a few days ago, as I was playing deep in the night, trying the rules of WFB 3ed by myself. Around midnight, a robin started to cry and as I went outside, I found there were several of them merrily chirping in the night. Apparently they live here, but they only come out by night - during the day, traffic and crows possibly disturb them.

So here it is, the new name of the blog, the Tower of Crows and Robins. I hope you like it better than the old one.

Enjoy!



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento