lunedì 27 aprile 2020

Homemade Lustria Swamp Terrain


I've bought some aquarium plastic plants some time ago and wanted to use them as Lustrian terrain but wasn't so happy with the base, so I attempted to do my own. Here's the result.





I used a super-heavy cardboard base - it was the tray for a cake :P it was covered in a thin layer of Das clay to create an uneven surface, primed and dry-brushed with earth colours for the upper parts and darker, water colours for the hollow in the centre. 


After glueing the plant with a mix of superglue and vinylic glue, the hollow was filled with realistic water from Woodland Scenics and left to dry. When everything was done, the naked terrain was treated with sand (drybrushed again), static grass and grass tufts.




The final result is ok. I really need to find a solution for the edges, which are white and difficult to paint, and create an ugly contrast instead of blending with the table - any ideas are welcome. But the colours are nice. Can you spot the two Slann hiding in the picture above? They are about to face two Pygmies looking for water, in the picture below.

2 commenti:

  1. Very nice indeed! I used spray paint to highlight and take the shine off the aquarium plants I used for Lustrian jungle. Might be a bit tricky now you've put it together but it only needs a few light sprays with a light green to make a difference.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I wondered if that was worthy and it's good you confirm it. I'll try next time. What kind of spray do you use?

      Elimina