lunedì 30 marzo 2020

Mithril MM 182 Mannish Captain of Orthanc, painted as an Angmar Captain





Another sculpt bought from a fellow collector, a 1991Mannish Captain of Orthanc. The figure was a bit worn out - the tips of the helm are flattened - but I didn't mind too much. Overall the quality of sculpting is very high - there's only a minor glitch, namely an empty scabbard and no sword in it or anywhere else. If I were to do a diorama, it would be great to have a sword stuck in the ground, like he is negotiating a truce or about to start a duel.



I am not a great fan of Isengard, it never really appealed me, so I painted this guy with the colours of Angmar - grey-black like the northern Misty Mountains, and red like the colour of iron-rich stone, associated with Carn-dûm.


Not my best paintjob, but still ok I believe.

2 commenti:

  1. Looking great - never been that familiar with the Mithril range but he's a nice miniature.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thanks Steve! The Mithril range was my first love in the early '90s, so I have a special attachment to it. It doesn't have a huge variety - everything is sculpted by a single person - but the style is distinctive.

      Elimina