domenica 31 marzo 2019

Bolibar the Toad-Slann - Pintamilkada from Citadel C32 Pintamilkada Slann (1986)


This glorious Slann from the C32 range, sculpted by the Perry Twins, is obviously depicting the so-called Toad-Slann, the Emperor's favourite warleaders, blessed with a higher ascendancy compared to common Slann.


His head seems bulkier than other Slann figures in the same range, and he sports a heavy armour and fancy decorations that mark him as a leader. Specifically, he will be the leader of my Slann warband: Bolibar the Great, famous general and fearsome warrior among the Imperial Slann.


I painted his skin a darker shade of green compared to other Slann, to make him more fearsome, and I gave him colourful feathers and plumes to help him stand out. I am not so happy with the yellow of the eyes, armour and the feathers, that looks way too similar to each other. Perhaps one day I'll change them. Notice the obsidian head of his polearm and the jade decorations on his halberd and his lips: the only metal element is his golden armband.


The figure is nice but the paintjob is a bit dull: I need to experiment more, but I learn a couple of useful lessons here, about what not to do :)


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento