mercoledì 26 dicembre 2018

Leo the Swordsman - Citadel C01 Fighter (1983)


I am not a huge fan of pre-slotta miniatures, but I must admit that some of them are really excellent. This is probably one of the best I've seen around, for the detail and the dynamism of the sculpt. Unfortunately I don't know who is the sculptor for this.

Image courtesy of Solegends

The earliest appearance of this figure seems to be the December 1983 Flyer, adding a few figures to the original C01 Fighters series. Look at the third warrior from the right, on top row - that's him. Let's name him Leo the Swordsman, for convenience.


What I like about Leo is his flowing mane (which I painted dark blonde like a lion's) and his rotating movement, captured in the moment before the swing of his two-handed sword. Leo carries a second sword at his left side, for some strange reason.


This fighter is covered in heavy armour, chain mail with plates on legs, arms and belly. The lack of helm and the screaming face communicate fury and bravery, as if he was about to strike the killing blow against a mortal enemy.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento